Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

         Alright, well unfortunately this is going to be a pretty short letter, and I know you don`t like that, but it is how it has to be. Because we went hiking today. We went as a zone and it was pretty much awesome. Hiking in the Alps. Too bad the top of the mountain was like 5000 feet, right about Orem level. But it was a lot of fun. I can`t remember the name of the mountain, but it is right next to Centius, so if you look for pictures of that general area you will see what I got to see today.
        Well to answer your questions... first off I forgot to mention the coolest part of serving in Wetzikon. And that is that our bishop is Bishop Uchtdorf, the son of THE Pres. Uchtdorf. I haven`t got a chance really to talk to him because he is super busy, but I was able to snag him for a few moments and set up an appointment so that we can meet with him and see what we can do to help him. The ward and ward mission leader are great, but they look at finding new investigators as something that the missionaries should do. But we will work on that with them. We are planning on just stopping by on members when we are in the area, teaching a short 10 minute lesson and see if we through the Holy Ghost can`t knock some referrals out if them. And we are working on joint teaches as well, because they aren`t so very keen on that. But I am very optimistic, because I think they really want to help deep down, but they, like all of us, just sometimes need to be challenged to take things up a level. I`m not going to lie, the best part of being a missionary is that I don`t have to worry about stepping on peoples toes. And of course, if one has the Spirit then it is fairly easy to help them out.
         We have about 10 investigators right now. One of them has a baptism date for the 29 of October, but he still needs to start living the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity. But hopefully he will make it.
        No bizarre food, I beleive there are 11 wards in St Gallen so that is 22 missionaries, zone meetings are in Winterthur, right out side Zurich.

Liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment