Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

Okay, so first thing first. My new address is
Elder Andrew Terry
Kirche Jesu Christi
Benzstrasse 10
71332 Waiblingen
Deutschland

            It is MOST important to put Kirche Jesu Christi on it or it won’t get to me at all. Oh and let Tay know that I got her letter on Tuesday before I left so not to worry.
            Well Waiblingen is different from Vienna. First of all it is weird to not be in a big city with millions of people. We have a tiny portion of Stuttgart but we live about 10 minute train ride outside of Stuttgart so it’s definitely different.
           Anyways my new companion is Elder Patchett, he is from Texas, and he has been out on his mission for about 10 months, he came out at the same time as my old companion Elder Pieper. He is a really good cook, so I have been eating really well, which I am sure will make you happy. Hopefully I will learn a thing or 2. The ward here in Waiblingen is awesome though. They are really focused on missionary work and getting members involved in missionary work. Our ward mission leader is totally awesome. He is about 24 and a returned missionary, and his parents have us over for dinner once a week. We get a lot of eating appointments here too apparently, so that can be both good and bad. We are working with our ward mission leader, Micha, to start a new program with the members to get them involved in the missionary work. Waiblingen is a lot like Wien 5 was in that we have a little part of city and then a bunch a little dorfs all around. But the trains don’t come as often and aren’t as reliable as they are in Vienna, so that makes it harder. We did find a new investigator because we have been going by on old investigators, and we went by on this investigator. His name is Markus, he is about 45 years old, and he is kinda crazy because he had a stroke 15 years ago and he forgot how to speak German or English. His German actually isn't too bad, but he gets really distracted easily, and he has a lot of crazy ideas. He also records tons of tv programs onto DVDS. He actually pulled out one to show us something, and guess what it was. The Nostradomus Effect, that show on the history channel, and he wanted to know when we thought the world would end. Man did I have a hard time not just spitting out everything I knew and thought. Instead we explained that the name of our church is the Church of Jesus Christ OF LATTER DAY SAINTS because we know that the second coming is soon. But this guy was convinced that the world is ending in 2012. We are hoping that we can turn that to our advantage by helping him get prepared for the end of the world by being baptized. Other than that we have been trying to get acquainted with the area and such.  
            Yesterday we got to travel to Ravensburg, Elder Patchett’s old area, for the baptism of a lady that Elder Patchett found and taught. It was really cool, and a very scenic and long train ride. Other than that there isn't much else going on here. I love you, and I truly am grateful to the Lord for all that he did for me. If he could go through the suffering and sins of the world for me, than I can overcome my fears and disappointments for him. I love him, and it is only through him that I am able to do this work at all. He is my Savior, and I'm eternally grateful for all he has done for me!

Liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment