Monday, November 14, 2011

Nov. 14 part two

Here is the best part about being home this morning when he e-mailed--we got to mail back and forth for about 30 minutes.  I'll share some of what he said:


ME:  How is the weather? Have you bought boots yet?  Have you needed them?
Andrew:  It is pretty cold today, foggy, but no snow.  And no boots, I don't think I will buy them.

ME:  What are you doing on your P-day today?
Andrew:  good question. Elder Jacob wants to go see zurich, but we have no clue where to go. We will probably find companionship ties and brown sugar. And I need to find a way to blow about 250 dollars 

ME:  Really, you're going to just blow $250?  You make me laugh.  Glad to hear you had a good birthday.
Andrew:  no I probably won`t spend it for a while. I want a bayern munich jersey, and maybe liederhosen, but switzerland is not the place to by them. So we will see. Zurich bahnhofstrasse is supposedly the most expensive street in the world. And I beleive it. It is like 13 or 14 francs for a big mac meal at mcdonalds

ME:  So did you have cake with Pres. Miles?
Andrew:  No. He had to leave so that they would get back to their hotel on time
ME:  Do you have to go to Munich to get your new companion or is he local?Andrew:  This will be my first transfer day where I am not in Munich. I think that Elder Williams was in the Bern zone so that is only about 1 or 2 hours away

ME:  Do you have to go to Bern to get him or is he taking a train to Wetzikon?
Andrew: 
I will meet him in Zurich. haha and we have one other change in our distict. Elder Sullivan is coming to be zone leader here in st gallen zone, and that means he is in my district. We were in the mtc together and in the same district in wien. I think we are destined to be in the same district forever.

ME:  destined to be near each other but not companions?
Andrew:  yeah exactly. But we will get to work together at least once this transfer on companionship exchanges, and we will celebrate Christmas together!

And then he had to go.  The pictures are of his birthday cakes I sent him, the heart attack lasagna, and of him, not sure why he's so glum but there you go.



No comments:

Post a Comment