Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011


December 12, 2011

            Anyways, this week was awesomely interesting. First of all I had an austausch with the Ebnat elders. And I can`t remember if I already said this, but another elder went home, so his companion came to Ebnat and they have been covering both areas. So I got to work in a dritt (threesome) for a while, which was cool. And even more cool, there was snow in Ebnat!!! Man I was so excited! I totally loved it! We went dooring in the snow, and totally found a sweet old lady who let us in and gave us tea and chocolate. She wasn`t too interested in the restored gospel sadly, but she was super nice and we shared the Christmas story from the bible with her.
            Other then that we have had a lot of fallen out appointments this week. But we did go to the Bern temple. And man, the temple is the best. There is nothing better then the temple. It was so nice to get to just feel the spirit so strongly, and remember that the Lord is awesome. Anyways that was definitely almost the highlight of the week. 

Elder Terry and the Bern Temple
Elder Terry and Elder Alston (Elder Sullivan's companion)



















The highlight is that R----- came to church!!!!!!! IT’S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!! R----- is this investigator who has been investigating the church for 6 years, and has only been to church once. 1 time in 6 years. That is 1 out of like 300. So when I first came to Wetzikon we met with him a couple times, and then told him that until he was willing to change his life there was nothing we could do for him. But on Friday after we went to the temple he sent us a text message, explaining that his girlfriend had dumped him, and that he wanted us to pray for him. Which we did of course. And then he came all by his self to church!! IT was awesome.... to be continued in 1 minute
            okay I am back, I ran out of internet time on that account and had to buy a new one. Anyways, yeah R---- came to church! Yay! Unfortunately Familie C…….. couldn`t come, which is totally bummer, but next week!!! Yes! I am super excited, hopefully it will snow in Wetzikon soon, it is just been rainy, so I am bummed, and I am starting to get sick, but sick is an opinion, so we haven`t had to stay inside yet. Hahaha.  Don`t worry mom, I just have a sore throat, but I am being smart and drinking lots of Swiss herb tea that is supposed to cure you, so I will be fine. No worries. Anyways, we met with P-----, our Jewish friend again yesterday. He is super cool. I really like him. He is the nicest guy ever. We have really good gospel discussions with him, and he is coming to the ward Christmas party on Friday, so we are pumped. Hopefully we will have a Jehovah’s Witness and a Jewish guy at the ward Christmas party. Cool right? I think it’s awesome. And we are probably going to the Jewish Synagogue with him on the 24, so that will be sweet as well. Anyways, the work is marching forward here in Wetzikon. We are trying our best to be dedicated to the Lord and do as the Apostles have asked us and open our mouths and talk to everyone. I know that this gospel is the plan of happiness, and that true peace can be found only in and through Jesus Christ. Keep the spirit of Christmas alive, and don`t you frown, cuz Sammi Klaus is coming to town! (that is Swiss for Santa Claus) Anyways, I love every single one of you! Thank you for your love and everything.
Liebe
Elder Terry 


The Bern Temple
Elder Terry in Wetzikon


Don't know where this is..must ask next time
 Here is a funny story about these cookies.  Elder Terry had asked me for a recipe for chocolate chip cookies so I sent him one.  The only problem is that in Europe they don't really use brown sugar, or it's hard to find.  Andrew asked in a bunch of stores about brown sugar and they didn't know what he was talking about.  I think he finally found some in Zurich.  This was his first attempt at making them with European sugar.  I asked him if the the clumps were nuts and he said ,"No it's butter."  Not sure what happened but he said the next batch turned out better.  It looks like he also had a hard time getting the brown sugar to blend but give him an "A" for effort!

Elder Terry's first attempt at choc. chip cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment