Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 27, 2011

We had a great conversation with Andrew Christmas Day!  Of course I thought of more questions after he hung up so this letter is answering questions.  Also, I finally posted the pictures Andrew sent Riker and they are on the blog, you may have to look down a post or two to see them though.

            Okay well I have limited time today, so I will try to answer everything as fast as I can, but if I forget something, I am really sorry. Anyways first of all, It was great being able to talk to you all. I think I was able to say everything I wanted.
Transfer calls were Friday and Andrew and his companion are staying together for another transfer.  Yes, I will reach my year mark in Switzerland, in Wetzikon, and both Elder Sullivan and Elder Alston are staying as well, so that is cool. I think we will go to Lichtenstein next Monday, but we will see. Andrew wants to go to Lichtenstein so he can have a stamp in his passport so he will have a stamp from all 4 countries in his mission.  They are not allowed to preach or street contact.  If there is a non member or less active that requests them to visit they are allowed to go to that house and talk to them but no proselyting.
During the phone call he mentioned that his shoes are starting to separate in the area where the shoe bends near the toes.  He is trying to decide whether to buy new shoes but wanted to try shoe goo first before spending money on new shoes:  The shoes are doing okay I think. The shoe goo really helped, but I also haven`t had much of a chance to really walk in them, so I will let you know for sure next week.
Do you need new socks?  I am good on socks,  I just need to sew up a few of them.
A few letters ago he mentioned they were getting companionship ties and I asked him if that meant they had matching ties:  And comp ties, well our gml ( I don't know what a gml is or if he typed it wrong in his hurry...General Mission Leader?)  gave us ties, so now we have comp ties, but that is probably a tradition that will die, because ties in Switzerland are super expensive. In Germany or Austria you can get them between 3 or 10 euro. In Switzerland it is at least 25 franken for one, so yeah, not worth it at all.
Thank you everyone who sent us Christmas cards, and a special thanks to those who sent a card to Elder Williams. It really helped him out a lot! So thank you all, you are the best!
Did you get to do any sightseeing in Bern when you went to the temple?  In Bern there was no sight seeing, and yes we did a session. In German.
I think that is pretty much all of the questions, have a great week in California, (we are visiting Mike's parents over the break)
I love you all, thank you so much for all you do.

Liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment