Monday, January 23, 2012

January 16, 2012


HALLO!!!!

            This week was very interesting. Let’s start at the beginning. Approximately 5 hours after I sent my letter last week, I completely lost my voice. It was super weird because I was talking fine earlier, and then we went to an appointment, and all of a sudden by the end of the appointment I couldn`t talk anymore. And it was like that for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and kinda’ Friday. And let me tell you, there is nothing worse then being a missionary and not being able to talk. But it did make me really appreciative for the ability to talk, and it made me want to use that ability better to bless more people and talk more about Christ. Like Elder Holland said at the last General Conference, I need to be a voice for God. Anyways, that definitely made things super weird. We still had quite a few appointments, and mostly Elder Williams had to teach them and I would try and help, but I could only whisper.
            Anyways, we met with our Jehovah’s Witness investigator, P……. again, and she has been reading in the Book of Mormon, but no answer yet. So we talked about that a little bit. Also we met with R……., the eternal investigator again, and he was kinda upset because he hasn`t gotten a super strong spiritual answer either, and he feels that he has done enough. So we talked a lot about what is required of us to get spiritual revelation, and the different ways it can come, and so on. The frustrating thing is that he didn`t even come to church this week. How can you expect God to give you an answer if you can`t even find the time to come to his house and worship him? We are most likely going to have a pretty long talk this week.
Other then that, we went by on a random less active man, and he let us in and gave us Mormon coffee, or Caro, which is made from roasted barley, has no caffeine, and tastes like shoes, at least in my opinion. But we survived. Yesterday we had an eating appointment with a less active family, and we were able to talk a lot about prayer. The father, who is not a member, really opened up a lot, and Elder Williams and I are really excited for him. As well we had dinner with an investigator, H……., she is from Haiti. She made this salad, and told us it was really really hot, but we pretty much ignored her because people here say things are hot, but they really aren`t, but this salad was really hot. I was dying.
Anyways, we just spent most of our p day with the zone leaders. Elder Alston is sick so they have had to stay home the last 2 days, and they really needed food, so we went and Elder Williams stayed with Elder Alston and Elder Sullivan and I went shopping, and then we hung out with them and played some card games. It was fun, and hopefully they won`t go crazy. Being stuck inside is the worst.
Anyways, we have interviews with Pres. Miles tomorrow, so I am super excited. And I love reading the Book of Mormon. It is the best. 2 Ne 9 is so good!!! Like the last ten people I have talked to have all said that they believe on reincarnation, and I wasn`t sure how to answer them, but he answer is 2 Ne 9. Read it and you will know the truth! So we will see how that goes. Anyways, I love you and wish the best week possible!

Liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment