Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012


Dear Mom,
                Sorry that the package hasn`t arrived yet. I hope that it comes this week! Anyways, we had an interesting week this week. First of all we had interviews on Tuesday, it was cool to be able to talk one on one with Pres. Miles. Also this week we had an austausch with the assistants. Actually, rewind. Pres. Miles gave everyone permission to watch one game in the Euro cup soccer tournament, and we chose to watch the Germany against Italy game on Thursday. The assistants drove from München and watched it will us at the ward mission leader’s house. Then on Friday we had a finding day, so we spent the entire day on the street trying to find prepared investigators. And man, that was a rough day. It started off actually really well, we ran into a man that we contacted earlier, and he had time, so we went with him back to his house and had a pretty good first lesson. But after that appointment pretty much no one stopped to listen to us. It was crazy, but it was also a very humbling experience, that showed me that regardless of how good I think I am, or how experienced I am, I can truly do nothing without the Lord.
                Our investigators are also doing really good. I________ is really making a lot of progress, but because of work she hasn`t been able to come to church. But on Sunday we had an appointment with her and Pres. Miles. It was really cool because Pres. Miles bore powerful testimony that the Lord has prepared a way for her to come to church. So she will be talking to her boss today, so hopefully it goes well.
                Also H_____ and M_____ are doing well. H______ is from Eretria, and he told us on Saturday that his sister was kidnapped earlier this week by a mafia from Sudan, and she was held ransom for 10,000 dollars.  He was only able to raise 6 thousand, but he spent a lot of time praying to know what to do, and on Saturday his sister was set free. He was extremely thankful to God for this blessing, and we had a really spiritual lesson.
                Well we have limited time today because we have a lot of appointments, but I must say that I am so grateful for the "tender mercies of the Lord". I know that the Lord knows me, and each of us personally, and I have felt his love this week. He directs this work, and I am grateful that he has trusted me to work with him in the salvation of souls. I love you, and I am so grateful for your help!

Liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment