Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012


Dear Mom,
                Man, that is ridiculous that some one would do that. (I told Andrew about the shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises showing)  I didn`t even know that the Batman movie was coming out until this week. But I took a picture of an ad, so that is about as good as it is going to get for a while. Yes, I got the package, but the batteries died before I could here it all. So I will have to buy new batteries today, and then I can finish listening to it.
                Well, the news on Elder Sonne. You say his name like "Sawknee". He is from Missiouri, St. Loius.
                Well this week was cool. It was weird when Elder Sanderson left because we have been together so long, but I will see him like every week because of Zone conferences, so it is still good.
We have had a great week though. I_______ came to church yesterday, and it was great. I gave a talk as well, so that was exciting. But I__________ has made a lot of progress. It is so cool. She will be baptized on the 25 of August. She is so cool. I am really excited for her.
                Also a really long time investigator, J_____, is making a lot of progress. He was sick this week, but we met with him so that Elder Sanderson could say goodbye, and he is making a lot of progress, and hopefully within the next few weeks he will set a date that he will baptized.
                We have also experienced a lot of miracles recently. Elder Sonne and I have the goal of inviting someone to be baptized every day. Yesterday we hadn`t invited anyone and we were on our way home, so we started decided we just had to invite people on the street. So as we were waiting on a train Elder Sonne went over to a young lady and invited her to be baptized. She is from Russia and is Muslim, but said that she wanted to learn more and we were able to talk with her for a while and we give her a Book of Mormon and she gave us her phone number. Then I invited a man who was waiting for a bus to be baptized, and he missed the bus so that he could continue to talk with us, and we will be having an appointment with him today. It is really amazing to see how there are truly people who literally are hungering and thirsting for Righteousness. I know that this work is the work of God. We are engaged in the work of Salvation. Whether we are full time missionaries, doing temple work, or teaching primary, we are all engaged in the same work, bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. This is the Lord`s work, and we are entitled to his help. I hope you have a great week, and I love you!

Liebe
Elder Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment