Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 8, 2012


Well let me tell you about this week.....
                                1st for anyone that missed it, the prophet, the only man on the world authorized to use all Priesthood keys that we have at this time, spoke to us. As well as the apostles. And it was awesome! You asked what my favorite talk was? Well we weren`t able to see the Sunday afternoon session because it starts at 10 pm here, and Elder Bednar and Elder Scott talked in that session, and they are normally two of my favorites, so I reserve the right to change my vote once I have heard those talks, but here is my review of general conference.
                First clearly Elder Holland is really very good at giving great talks. Definitely one of his spiritual gifts. But the talks that I liked the most were actually both of Pres. Eyring’s talks. I don`t know what exactly it is, but when I look at Pres. Eyring the one word that comes into my mind is humility. I can literally feel it emanating from him. His talk in priesthood session was amazing, about seeing the potential of those we lead and serve. And then his talk about submitting to the will of the Lord was probably my favorite talk of all of conference. Pres. Eyring is an amazing example to me of the principles he taught. 
                My next favorite were both of the talks by Pres Monson that I heard, so the Priesthood session and Sunday morning session. His talk at priesthood session seemed to be like an extension of Pres. Eyring’s talk, talking about how we need to see the people around us. I have been studying a lot about that recently, about how willing and able God and Jesus Christ are to forgive us, to trust us, and to believe in us. NEVER EVER EVER do they say, "that is too hard for you. or you can`t repent, you can`t change" but they ALWAYS seem to be saying "you can do this!" Like Elder Holland mentioned, Christ committed the priesthood keys, the earthly leadership of his church, into the hands of a man who had the week before denied him 3 times. Talk about trust, talk about forgiveness. Christ clearly had a vision of what Peter could become. 
                I also liked that talk about "selling your soul for 25 cents?" as well as the talk about "temple quality". They both really taught me the importance of personal integrity and complete and full repentance. Like the temple workers, I must replace any flaws in myself that I or someone else (that is way harder) discovers. Regardless of how small or unnoticeable, or how costly it might be. I must do it, because repentance is the only way to happiness. 
                Anyways, the rest of the week was really cool as well. We went to the temple on Friday, so that was a good general conference preparation. Also on Friday was transfers calls, and I am staying here and so is Elder Nielson, no big surprise. 
                As for your question about walking in the rain. Like you said, we have a car, and we live in
Switzerland, which has the best public transport in the world. We really only walk in the rain if we want to. Otherwise I would dare suggest that we can get within 400 to 500 meters on any appointments with buses and trains.
                Cool experience of the week. We visited some members in Lichtenstein this week. So now I have officially been a missionary in 4 countries. Our investigators are doing good. We had a good appointment with Yuri this week, so he is doing good, and hopefully we will find some really cool prepared people this week. Don`t forget that I love you a lot!

liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment