Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012


Dear Mom,
                Well, thanks for the stories from the missionaries. (The full-time missionaries spoke in our ward yesterday and both are converts.  One had an amazing and sad life story) It truly is amazing to realize what some people had to sacrifice in order to accept the gospel, and then I feel almost ashamed for how easy it was for me. But the bottom line is that the church is true, and regardless of who we are or where we come from, the gospel has the answers to our questions and our problems.
                This week was an interesting week. It went by really fast. like I can`t really remember what happened, I swear I was writing you just yesterday. But I will try to give an accounting of my days, for progenitors sake :)
                Well we are working hard with an investigator named Yuri. He is a super cool guy from
Chile, Catholic/Frei Christ (sorry I can`t remember what kind of a religion that is in English. Pretty much a "we are saved by grace not works" idea crossed with a rock concert?) but he reads daily in the Book of Mormon, and he knows that it is true, but refuses to believe that there is only one true church. "God has many evidences of his love" is what he loves to tell us. We had an appointment this week with him and our branch president, and we talked about the priesthood, and it went really well. He understood the concept, but somehow the application still isn`t there. Hopefully we will be able to really help him to feel and follow the spirit. 
                Other than that things are going really well. We have a lot of investigators, and hopefully we will be able to help them come closer to God. Wow, good summary of missionary work, I know. But I really can`t think of anything else to write about. 
                Anyways, sorry this weeks letter is on the lame side, but hey, if Enos and Jarom and Omni had written more then there wouldn`t have been any room for Alma, and if they can summarize an entire lifetime in a few pages, then one week in only a few paragraphs isn`t so bad, right? 
                Don`t forget that I love you, or that Jesus is the Christ. All I can say is that I love Him with all of my heart, mind and strength, and I hope that I can follow the counsel Mormon gave his son, "may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and
long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever." That is both my goal and my testimony.

Liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment