Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 25, 2013


                Well this week WAS AWESOME! We had zone conference, sadly it is possible that that is my last zone conference for a while, but who knows, miracles happen and or maybe I will "accidentally" miss my plane. hahaha jk Don`t flip out mom, its just a joke. Oh we also had an auststellung in Zurich. also possibly my last one. Sometimes the people here are just so funny. 
                Otherwise we had a busy week. Benjamin is doing great. His baptism will be on the 24th of March, so 2 days after I leave, but it is better that way. Besides some lucky missionary will get to have a baptism right at the beginning of his time in Chur. 
                As for Pres miles, an emergency came up so he was unable to go with us to Yuri after church, but he talked with Yuri at church which was cool. Yuri really has a testimony of like everything, but refuses to be baptized. He just wants to take his sweet time and not get rushed into anything. But he is a stud, and he will be baptized soon. I am sure of it. Besides in a few weeks I can teach him EVERY DAY through skype. 
                We also taught a cool Muslim guy named Lotfi. He is hardcore Muslim, totally convinced that he is right, but also very smart and willing to listen and ask questions. We were able to give him a Book of Mormon, and hopefully he will read it. We should be having an appointment with him today, but he canceled it because he is busy. But we will meet with him soon :) 
                Man, I really don`t know what else to say than I just absolutely, without a doubt love missionary work. It is so much fun. The church really is true, and it’s true for everyone. People absolutely HATE it when we say that. For them it sounds fanatic, absolutist, etc and etc. And sometimes it is tempting to weaken the statement of the Lord by saying "it’s true... for me" But as much as this statement might make us or other people squirm in our seats, we can not change reality. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the Life, NO one comes to the Father except through me." I testify with all my heart that that is true. Christ is and was the ONLY person capable and willing to descend below all things that he might save all things. Salvation and exaltation come only in and through the name of Jesus Christ. And he commands NONE to depart. ALL are invited to come unto him, and enjoy the blessings of his infinite Atonement. I testify that the full reality of those blessings depends on the making and keeping of gospel covenants. As missionaries we truly are opening the doors of the celestial kingdom. The church is true, the priesthood of Almighty God has been restored, and through the atonement of Christ ALL mankind may be save, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.

liebe
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment