Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012


                Anyways, this week was great. We spent a lot of time with Yuri since it was Christmas and everyone else was gone. He read from Alma 26 to Helaman this last week, and loved it, so hopefully that will help. Other than that we are on the search for "the elect of God". We found a cool guy yesterday. I stopped him on the street and just asked him "Wie geht es Ihnen?" or how are you? and he stopped and said "Zeugen Jehovas" (Jehovah’s Witnesses) and I said, nope. We are Mormons. And then he was a lot nicer. Apparently he had had bad experiences with the Jehovah’s Witnesses, but had really good experiences with Mormons. So that is a shout out to the members of the church! Way to go! It was really cool, and we have an appointment with him on Thursday.
                Oh and guess what? A guy I found in Richterswil on exchanges just decided to baptized. His date is for the 17 of March. That is so COOL!
                Today I read John chapter 9, and I loved the response of the formerly blind man to the questions of the Pharisees. To these men of the law, trained in scripture and logic, this unlearned man said, 24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
 25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
                I love this response. This man didn`t know everything. In fact his knowledge of Christ was very limited. But one thing he did know, and of that he was certain. And that is what he shared. Like this blind man I give my testimony of what I know, of what I have experienced. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that through his infinite atonement we can overcome all things. All that is unfair can be made right again. I love my savior, and I love the work which he has commissioned me to do. This truly is the work of the all mighty God. Of this I am certain, and this is my testimony, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

liebe
Elder Terry

Sister Miles took this picture of Elder Terry in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment